Note: Technical difficulties prevented the recording and subsequent posting of this podcast. We will get it right next podcast with quadruple flux capacitator backup procedures.
What Were the Big Picture and Practical Classroom “take aways” from the Learning 2.008 Conference?
Some take aways from the discussion>
- The need to prepare teachers for progressive conferences like Learning 2.008. Scaffold the process so they will take time for the networking, unconferencing and reflection portions of conferences like Learning 2.008.
- Look to have regular presentation sessions that lead out into and scaffold into unconference sessions
- Look to shift our regular presentations in the way we organize the rooms and work to make them more discussion focused
- Need to differentiate for the “shiftedness” continuum of the participants
- Jan 24-26 Flat Classroom Conference in Qatar
Blog Posts of the Week
David> GenTech podcast by Steve Whitaker, Mark Hofer and Michael Kelly
Jeff> Video by Chris Lehmann | Connectivism Blog by George Siemens
Kim> Slideshow of Brain Rules for Presenters
Julie> The Educational Technology Site by Terry Friedman