We had technical problems again and were not able to record the podcast. It was excellent so do take a look at the show notes for some of the discussion.
Where Do You Start the Shift?
Some take aways from the discussion:
- Need leaders and owners of the process that needs to be systematic
- Using the curriculum review process to change instructional and assessments for shifted learning goals
- Bring whole community of teachers, student, parents and administrators into the process with various point people bring them in
- Shift everywhere- organic growth by supporting early adopters to administrators needing to lead the way
- Review mission/vision statements. Times have changed and so do definitions and how they fit with our changing world (e.g., multiculturalism)
Blog Posts of the Week
David: Dennis Harter’s Bridging the Gap
Tom: Multi-touch Desk
- Next show is Thursday October 30 at 7 PM Bangkok time.
- Our guest will be ????
- Essential Question for the show: How to infuse information literacy skills across the curriculum?
- Don’t forget to post Web sites/blogs to the SOS Diigo bookmarking site that support our upcoming EQ.